Fom the Monterey Bay Aquarium
How You can Help
- Limit your use of disposable plastics, like plastic bags and water bottles.
- Carry your own reusable shopping bag and/or water bottle.
- Look for products made from recycled materials that have little or no packaging, or packaging that is recyclable.
- Try to avoid Styrofoam products—bring your own mug to the coffee shop, and a container for leftovers when you eat out.
- Know which plastics can be recycled in your city and recycle!
- Make sure all non-recyclable plastics are securely disposed of.
- Pick up trash on the street and put it in a trash can.